Saturday, November 10, 2007

White Trash anyone?

This post is a little off-color for me but relevant all the same. Anyway an interesting disposition drove itself into my database very recently, that people can be so down with the brown and with the everything else that they can become overbearing and a little too familiar and comfortable. For the life of me I can't figure out how people can peruse through life and never have anyone get überfrustrated with them and tell them "hey, you're you... and 'you' ain't _____" or whatev.

Okay so that's not too bad in itself. The überannoying and bizarre part is when they are so far in denial about being (in this case) white trash and that mentality somehow mixes with their view of how cool and open-minded they are. Something happens and a couple of walls come down that blur reality a bit (I believe this is a form of psychosis). The most bizarre form of this phenomenon to grace my life with its presence recently came in the form of someone pretty much trying to turn me into a redneck too. I'm completely blown away and simultaneously annoyed by this entire concept. It's bad enough you're so backwoods, and now you're trying to invite me to your party? Sorry, Mr. Ward don't roll like that.

I mean don't get me wrong... I'm a country boy at heart but WTF?! I dunno what the hell all that's about, all I know is that "wierd" is a severe understatement. Comments? Questions?

No comments: